Starting point: Horribly fucked up traffic jam on Friday morning. End point: taking a bleeding guy to the hospital on Sunday night.
Under normal circumstances it doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to reach office. But last Friday was like a disaster waiting to happen. It took like almost 3 hours… I could have reached another city in that time! I’ve never felt more frustrated and helpless in my life. My legs felt so cramped that when I finally got off the bus it was as if I had forgotten to walk. It took a few minutes to get some feeling back into my almost senseless legs…I reached office at around 11 am, and even after that I simply couldn’t get myself to work. What a splitting headache!!

Left early as I didn’t wanna get caught in another jam. (Hope my boss doesn’t read this!). A friend (Rajat, whom I love calling PINGU) and I took the bus at 5. It was raining. In fact it had been raining like crazy since Thursday, which is what caused all the commotion in the first place. Bangalore’s infrastructure is worse than pathetic. A little rain and there is a jam! You can only imagine what happens when it’s raining continuously for several hours. So, the both of us got off in the middle of nowhere, only to realize that we were very close to Ina’s (a very good friend of mine. Crazy in a very adorable sort of way) office. She was supposed to come over to my place that night, so I thought I might as well pick her up from there.

I called, she came out and we kept waiting for an auto. What a wait that was…either the auto wallahs refused to go, or were asking for so much that I felt like punching them. Walking wasn’t an option, as Shoppers’ Stop (we were gonna do a spot of shopping there) was a little too far away, the road was flooded, and we weren’t in the mood to wade through all the dirty water. With no other option left, we took a local bus. It was really packed; we got in nevertheless.

Now, the first few seats are reserved for women (just some of the many privileges we enjoy). And as I entered the bus I noticed two guys sitting on one of the seats. I went up to them and asked them to get up. One guy’s friend or whatever, who happened to be a woman, was sitting in the seat right in front along with another lady and her three very irritating kids. She got up and sat in the seat vacated by this person. Really mean I would say, but I let that pass.

The other person sitting there continued to be in the same position. This angered me a bit, and I asked him to move it. He pretended to be stone deaf, and kept looking out of the window. The nerve some people have! I was being rather civil until then, but after a point I just got really mad. My “tiny anger” turned into something bigger, and I tapped him on the shoulder pretty hard, clicked my fingers at him and asked him to get up. The language I used cannot be discussed here. I know I was really rude, but then that jerk deserved it.

So I sat there, and kept passing rude comments on how disgusting I find this attitude. Ina and I were having a ball of a time, saying nasty stuff about men like him. The woman sitting beside me ultimately got so pissed that she got up! Good for us though. Now Ina could sit beside me *smile smile*. And then we started bitching about people around us, without even bothering to keep our volume low…Loved it:D

Finally reached Shoppers’ Stop. Pathetic stuff. Either I didn’t like anything, or the stuff I liked wasn’t available in my size!! No wonder my friends ask me to look in the kids section…I did find one top at the end of all the mad hunting. And it was my size too! I tried it on, and it looked sooooooo smart (tube top, in a wow green). But alas! It turned out to be defective. Just my sodden luck eh? But I was so determined to buy something that the hunt restarted. Finally found some nice jewellery. Bought that, while Ina picked up a nice black top.

We had decided we’ll spend the night at a friend’s place (Siddharth, the very lovable Gonecase). We headed to my place, so I could change into my night clothes. My roomies, Preeti (sweet gal with a HUGE talent for PJs) and Garima (the excessively thinking one) were at home, so we were chatting for a while. Ina, Sid and I were gonna go clubbing the next day. I had bought a really hot outfit for the occasion, which I showed Ina. She wanted me to wear it and show her. I did that.

Now, my roomies are a little conservative, but they’ve never objected to any of my party wear before. I really appreciate the fact that though they don’t wear skimpy clothes, they never even tried to tell me that I shouldn’t. We respect each others’ ideologies, which is very important if you wanna live harmoniously in one house. Or there would be cat fights everyday!

But this Friday was different. They simply hated my dress (short, halter necked dress, in a beautiful blue colour, and a plunging neckline). They thought it was too short. Short it was, but I was OK with it. They tried real hard to convince me that I shouldn’t wear it. But I loved the dress and saw no harm in wearing something as sexy as that. After a lot of arguments they had to accept defeat. I decided I was gonna wear it the next day.

Ina and I headed to Sid’s place. She was supposed to cook chicken for us, but it was past 10 and we were damn hungry. Ordered Chinese food, while we got started on “Saw3” (bloody and gory. Didn’t like it too much. Predicted the end also). Then it was “Scary Movie 2” (Crap. But liked it) and “Scary Movie 3” (Equally bull shitty and equally likable too). Tired and exhausted we crashed at a time when people leave their houses for a morning walk.

P.S: Read the next post to know what happened on Saturday and Sunday!

 

15 Responses to “GOOD, BAD and UGLY: My weekend”

  1. zxcv

    u say i dont comment anymore and this time i'm the 1st :)
    looks like u had a blast :P, anyways loved the part abt the sexy dress, the rest is all a blur :)


  2. Rendezvous

    well, the sexy dress is the 2nd best, i loved the simplicity of the words used...

    this blog's kinda different actually... really loved the way it's written.. and waiting for the next one to come.... btw,saw 3 is ok types... i love scary movies.. :)

    keep blogging....
    mine's coming too, partying in finland..and the photo shoot that i had.. :)


  3. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    I knew it, I knew it that blue dress would steal the show.How a small paragraph made the whole other stuff look mundane.
    Traffic jam, tell me about it, six hours it took to cover 10 Kms, that too on the non peak hours side of traffic,arghhh....
    Saw 3, hahaha, I still remember that look on your face...who wants to go to kitchen :P
    Rest of it all for the next post :D
    Btw Scary movie 3 was on Saturday


  4. crasiezt

    Arnav:-) I love the fact that you've got your priorities right!!


  5. crasiezt

    Appreciate what you've said Rohit:-)


  6. crasiezt

    Gonecase, a little mix-up is not gonna earn me a few years in prison, will it??


  7. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Don't know if that was intentional but somehow it sounded sarastic to me. No, it won't.


  8. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    *sarcastic


  9. A

    seemed like u were having a nice lil conversation with yourself,in your head and things just spilled outta ur mind and onto here!! slutty dua;)


  10. unforgiven

    Don't events like this make life interesting?

    Would you have it any other way?


  11. Rendezvous

    well, here we're towards the end of another weekend, and i m still waiting to know wht happened on saturday and sunday :).. btw hope that you had another amazing video and this time the dress won't steal the show.. i'd see you stealing all :)..

    take care


  12. crasiezt

    Gonecase you know that accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often. This was one of those times I guess...


  13. crasiezt

    Hehehe Anwesha! You said it all in a word:D


  14. crasiezt

    Did I say I wanna have it any other way Unforgiven????


  15. crasiezt

    Rohit:-) Read the next post...


Leave a Reply