Speak up!!

Author: crasiezt

I used to think we live in a free society; a world where you can voice your views openly. But I realized that it’s not like that. For, if your truth doesn’t go down too well with some one, you’re silenced. “Freedom of speech and expression” is a farce. Being shrewd and manipulative is the need of the hour, honesty takes a beating. “Democracy” is just a fancy flowery word, merely used to adorn books on Political Science.

The whole problem is that if you make your opinion (about someone) known, and the person wants you to shut up, you think “What the hell. Why should I? Let him do whatever he wants. I’m not scared.” But that’s not how it works. Unfortunately. If it was just you, you would have dealt with it. But a lot of other things are at stake too. So, in the end you bow down. It hurts the ego like nothing else, ripping apart the self-esteem, shredding it to slivers, making you feel powerless.

But think about it a little later. Use your logic that was clouded with immense anger. How on earth are you being weak? It’s that other person who’s being stupid. If he/she can’t accept the truth, and fears that his /her image is gonna get tarnished in public, and is being a coward, an escapist, who’s the weaker one? If threatening you makes him/her feel omnipotent, let that person live in a make-believe world. At least you spoke your mind!

 

20 Responses to “Speak up!!”

  1. Saurabh Kukreti

    The most chilling factor is that the life we all aspire for free of inhibitions does not exist any more.

    It is hard for everyone in this world to understand you and your nature but the fact is being truthful hurts only those who like playing a charade in their lives.
    So, don't flinch ( which I am sure you do not ) and keep on doing what you believe in


  2. Rendezvous

    I just don't know why,,,bt then i tend to alwaz mostly agree to your thots (in the form of your blogs).. i do realize that democracy is just really a flowery term now....

    See, it takes courage to accept truth about ourself, but just one thing:

    "I have realized out of my experience that even in case you would like to speak out your opinion about some1, tend to avoid that. Since ppl do not really take it in a +ve way. At times some ppl tend to defend themself, and i suppose that i have reached this point where i have actually stopped telling things to ppl. Time would certainly make them realize, or probably wait for the right time"

    But still, it's an open world and certainly one should not really think of repercussions you might just face.

    It's a world of manipulations, truth doesn't pay off well nowerdaz...


  3. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    If we were to look up at the sun, why would our pens still bleed dark black.
    Sadness,unto itself has a strange flavour of its own,bestowed upon a lucky few.
    Enjoy the taste as long as it lasts.
    As they say...
    ask a madman,to know what is the joy in being insane!!!


  4. unforgiven

    It takes all kinds to make a world. You aren't perfect. I am not perfect. We aren't perfect.

    Fortunately, we aspire to make things better and try to overcome our base animal insticts and do the right thing. Doing so, isn't always easy. Not for you, me, or the person that is antagonizing you.


    The idea is simple, pick your battles. One individual can do a lot, if they really, really wanted to. Unfortunately, doing that much would drain that individual and maybe leave him powerless, when something of higher importance and significance, comes along. Be patient but, decisive, and maybe you'll even have the serendipity of even making a difference.


    BTW, you still have your blog. Write anything you will out here. Who'll come and stop you? Ze Germans?


  5. crasiezt

    It's true that you should speak what's on your mind, but there are times when you simply cannot. Overlooking the sarcasm, I would like to say that the Germans or Russians don't care what am writing about. But there are other "dark forces" (I like it when I write "fake" stuff like this) that I don't want to discuss.

    That doesn't mean am chicken, and am not gonna say anything any more. I will. In a different way that's all!


  6. unforgiven

    "Darker forces"? Okay, I'll give you this, I have no idea what you are talking about. Care to explain a bit more?


    BTW, you should watch Snatch. Brilliant movie, plus you'll get the entire 'Ze Germans' thing.


  7. crasiezt

    Hmmm might watch it then:-) As for the "dark forces" thing..well if it was possible to explain, I would definitely have, but I would rather not. So, I think we'll just let it be..


  8. Unknown

    Im gonna sue u for plagiarism :D


  9. crasiezt

    Plagiarism Pramod??


  10. Unknown

    copyin frm my mind :P


  11. crasiezt

    Oh so I can read your mind now Pramod?? Scary!


  12. Pramod

    for me or for you ? :P


  13. crasiezt

    For you Pramod, for you:P


  14. Anonymous

    Hey... I spoke my mind, n got on ur ignore list! not fair :(


  15. crasiezt

    Anonymous..I think I know who you are. If you come across as a desperate moronic idiot, what did you expect?? That I would go out and have a couple of tequila shots with you? Thank you, but I have a lot of really nice and decent friends for that.


  16. Anonymous

    Jeez man, cut me some slack here. Besides, I asked you for neembu paani before that!
    And frankly speaking (that's a bad phrase. It implies that you were bullshitting all this while. maybe I was :D), I can't really afford tequila! And like I told you earlier, i found your interests interesting. The good looks are a bonus!! :)


  17. crasiezt

    Good looks and "interesting interests",that indeed is a combo to die for. Which doesnt imply that anyone who fits the bill should be asked out at the first opportunity. Especially some random person you see on a chat site.
    And if you can't afford to take a gal out, simply don't ask man! True, girls pay for themselves nowadays, but still...


  18. Anonymous

    That's a combination, alright :)
    Well, I can afford simpler things... say beer, for example, but u have expensive taste... wot to do?
    appy-poly-logies and all that stuff that comes with it, for coming across as a jerk. I have that tendency sometimes. it's not that bad if u know me, but. :)


  19. crasiezt

    Apologies accepted. But KEEP OFF!


  20. Anonymous

    You mean from the comments section?


Leave a Reply