This weekend was great. 3 days- 3 movies- 3 AWESOME movies. “Transformers,” “Chak De” and “Ratatoville.” I loved the crazy, mindless, very very very very rapid action sequences in Transformers. I mean, it’s so quick that I don’t know when the good guy is getting beaten up, and when he’s crushing the baddies. It was just a lot of colourful metallic stuff! Lowbrow perhaps, but I loved it!

Then there was Chak De. The very fact that Shah Rukh was in it made it lovable:D But really, it was a good film. One of his best for sure. I can’t believe he’s the same person that did crap like “Oh Darling Yeh Hai India” and “Duplicate”!! People in the theatre were clapping every time there was a hard hitting nationalism-filled dialogue. Wish I knew how to whistle like a ruffian…would have contributed rather generously to the ruckus:D

Coming to Ratatoville. Well, it’s an animated movie, and like all others in its genre, it’s completely adorable:-) I feel animated films emote much better than the “real” stuff. Anger, love, hatred, fear, romance, comedy, drama- all of them are portrayed so beautifully. Look at “Anastasia,” Lion King,” “Finding Nemo,” “Mulan,” and now Ratatoville for reference. I could “see” the love in Dimitri’s (I know he’s a cartoon character, but he’s OMG cute) eyes for Anastasia, I laughed like a maniac when Dory (in Finding Nemo) was forgetting stuff and screwing up everything so royally…

But somehow a lot of people I know believe that such films are for kids. Little do they know how bloody difficult it is to create “such” films. You gotta appreciate art in every form…just because you don’t understand “cartoon language” doesn’t mean you can dismiss it as kids stuff. They want me to grow up. I think it’s such idiots who need to GROW UP, and not vice versa. I would much rather live with a cute little rat that can cook for me, than a hunk who doesn’t like animated movies…

 

10 Responses to “The weekend i had a three some:D”

  1. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    All of them are different, different in their own leagues, yet with similar motto, to entertain you. Every movie has its own charm, its own charisma with unified goal.

    Loved the character of Ego, the critic and the dishes prepared by rat looked definately yumm.

    And regarding weekend, woh to acha hona hi tha,company naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai :P

    Btw its ratatouille...


  2. Rendezvous

    :), i like it... gonecase, great one...thou, i was about to do the same...crasiezt, how come spelling mistake ;).. newaz..

    yes i agree to the fact that if ppl do not understand cartoon language, it's their problem.. man!!!i love cartoon movies a lot....

    transformers was real fun,i've watched it too.. do not know abt the other 2, i am sure ratatouille's gonna be good.. cartoom movies, and "loner", there's some connection i suppose..atleast they make me laugh.. :)

    keep rocking!!!


  3. crasiezt

    Ah! So now people wanna correct my spellings eh?? Check yours' Rohit.."cartoom"...last paragraph:D


  4. unforgiven

    Animated movies are a totally different genre. Viewing age is completely unrelated with it, I am surprised that people still think so.

    I'd like to meet a person who'd tell me that the Animatrix is for *cough* 'kids'.

    My personal favourite is the Shrek series though.

    Oh wait, I forgot, what does what my favourite series have anything to do with what movies 'you' like, yeah? ;)


  5. crasiezt

    So someone wants to be bloody sarcastic!! Am not saying your opinion doesn't count. It does. Just that it won't affect me in any way. *I mean that in the nicest, non-rudest way possible*

    Shrek's amazing for sure. Loved the first part the most:-)

    Am glad you think it has nothing to do with age...Wish the two of us could knock some sense into others' heads!


  6. Rendezvous

    i really need to slow down my typing speed.. uff!!! mistakes mistakes and more of mistakes....

    SHIT SHIT SHIT....

    next time, i am gonna read my blogs and comments 1000 times before posting it :)...

    bt hey!!! yes.. it's not 2, rather 3 of us would like to go knocking.. :).. i love cartoon movies a lot... (finally got the spelling right) he he he....

    tc


  7. Saurabh Kukreti

    cartoon flicks i believe touch ur soul more than other movies cos beneath the hoo haa and the fun element, there lies a message which is so much easier to comprehend when it's potrayed by color sketches of animals n humans... be it ratatouille or ice age or finding nemo ..


  8. unforgiven

    Sarcasm is my middle, first and last name.


  9. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Arghh....same mistake :-(
    But lead to something interesting, check defination no. 1 at
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=definately
    lol


  10. Unknown

    pray I get d tim 2 watch 1 o 'em atleast :(


Leave a Reply