Awwwww......

Author: crasiezt




Friday, 28th Sep ’07: I’m going home! After 2 months. Maaaaaaan I miss my folks. Everything about home is “missable”. Right from rajma chawal to fighting over the TV’s remote control. From mom’s constant yelling about how messy my room is, to dad’s habit of giving me the bigger portion of an apple. From mom’s anxiousness when I come home late (at the time I didn’t have a cell phone) to my “cricket conversations” with dad.

And of course there’s my bro Ankit alias Anteekh. I didn’t mention him ’cause he aint at home now. He’s in Goa, studying. I miss him loads too. He’s 5 years younger than me, but gets transformed to a much older version the minute I do anything silly (which happens bloody often). I go home once a month. But I don’t get to meet him too much. Last time we met was in July! No matter how old he gets, he’ll be the same kid I used to beat up (“maul” would be a more appropriate term to use I think). We’ve come a long way…from being at loggerheads over everything, to sharing every little detail about our lives (well almost!!).

It takes about 11 hours to get to Hyderabad by train. I left office several hours in advance; coz with Bangalore’s predictably fucked up traffic I didn’t wanna take any chances. Rajat offered to drop me, which was a very sweet thing to do. We took a Volvo to the station, and just as we were about to reach our destination I spotted a KFC on the road! A chicken lover that I am, it was impossible for me to walk away without guzzling down some delectable fried chicken.

Rajat was apprehensive, even though we had a lot of time on our hands. But I’m like that. If I want something I want it. Right then. Right there. Sensing that there was no point in arguing with an adamant Neha, he agreed and we went in. One word for what we ate: DIVINE! After ice creams, if there is one thing that I could kill for, it’s gotta be chicken. Post the chicken-eating-session we had a brownie sundae. It was delicious, but my mom makes it better:D Stomachs full and with a content look on our faces, we left the place and got to the railway station.

My ticket wasn’t confirmed. I was to share my seat with a guy, whose name was printed as “Manoj Ch” (I was wondering what the expansion of “Ch” could be…LOL) on the chart. Even as I’m writing all this, the kid nearby is switching the lights on and off, which is driving me nuts. I have nothing against kids, but it’s really pissing off when they do such stuff and their parents don’t stop them. It might be “cute” when the kid does it at home, but not outside when strangers are exposed to their extremely irritating behaviour. In such situations I realize what my parents might have gone through when I was a kid…coz from what I’ve heard about myself, I was like Satan in the making!

OK now I have a seat for myself. Tucked under a blanket, listening to “Flipsyde” and writing this blog I feel good! I just wish the kid would stop screaming his lungs out. If he doesn’t stop in the next few minutes am gonna slap him real bad…Aaaaaaand he’s back to the on-off game. Grrrrrrrrr! Obnoxious rascal (not meant in the slightest loving way). Kids are a fucking pain in the ass sometimes. I’m gonna adopt a 20-year old some day. (I’ve had this thought in my head since the day I saw what my cousin had to go through during her pregnancy). No giving birth to a crying, pooping, screeching imp. *That comment of mine is definitely bringing me a nomination for “the insensitive pig” award this year. Or perhaps the award goes to me?*

The kid’s silent now. Lull before the storm is it? After gorging on biscuits, chips, fruit juice, a couple of chocolates and some rice, my tummy’s kinda full, though I wouldn’t say no to butter chicken and butter naan…hehehe…*The Punjabi in me wakes up sometimes*.

Time to turn in. Yaaaaaawn! Good Night!

 

14 Responses to “Awwwww......”

  1. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Manoj ch, roflmao, I know all the possibilities your dirty lil'mind might be thinking.You are lucky, one month is a short time.And kids, grrr, movie halls, flights, wherever you go, their network follows.


  2. crasiezt

    Hahaha...am sure you would have thought of the same! Kids ki baat sahi boli tune...they beat all these service providers (airtel, vodafone et al)by several runs *pardon me, but am in a cricket mood right now*


  3. Anonymous

    Outrageous or humorous, outrightly intolerant or blatantly insensitive or just a blogger?
    Just trying to find 'the you' in this post!

    A 3:x


  4. crasiezt

    Anony 3 strikes again eh? Well, am all that and much more..Meet Neha the paradox!

    Try reading the text on my blog pic. It might help you a teensy weensy bit:P And if you still don't get it, let it be. Doesn't make a difference. I'll just be one other person on earth whom you've failed to understand!


  5. Anonymous

    Errrr!!

    Now thats a motley of total abhorrence and candidness!

    And yeah, objective's not to understand you. In fact, there's none!

    struck again
    A 3:x
    Just killing time man trying to interpret some of the electrical signals interpreted by your brain (phrase - Courtesy 'The Architect')


  6. crasiezt

    You contradict yourself all the time A3, aka jobless, aka mr/ms-no-objective.


  7. Anonymous

    aaaaaaaah!!! chicken, rodie!!! CHICKEN!!!


  8. Anonymous

    Yeah, sadly I tend to have better objectives, but then sometimes I flounder trying to read too much.

    Wishing I could've been jobless,
    A:3


  9. crasiezt

    Swarup was that you???Calling me chicken...why???


  10. crasiezt

    This comment has been removed by the author.


  11. crasiezt

    A3 you definitely need to do something about your comprehension skills..
    What did I do to evoke your wrath upon me? I've had enough of your dorky sarcasm..All I want is some peace..world peace:D *enough melodrama for now*


  12. Rendezvous

    it was funny, for a change i wasn't involved in the 'spicy gals' fight/arguments.. he he

    newaz, blog.. yes, nicely written as usual... well,ur right neha, kids, man they beat all the service providers.somehow thou i feel it's the indian kids ;) who coz all the more rona dhona, coz i havn't seen ne finnish kid crying. they're cute.. real cute...:)

    and btw u lucky gal,back home every mth.. yahan toh soch bhi nahi sakta... :)

    keep blogging


  13. Rendezvous

    btw, i'd like to meet 'Neha the paradox' ... :) it'll be fun... :D


  14. crasiezt

    Just when I was wondering where the felon has disappeared he writes a comment on my post! I really don't seem to understand how my blog becomes a battlefield everytime I post something new!!


Leave a Reply