More Awwwwww...

Author: crasiezt

Oct 2nd 2007: India lost today. But that’s not the reason why am feeling so perfectly miserable. This empty, lonely feeling has nothing to do with the fact that Yuvraj Singh couldn’t do anything to save India from being demolished; forget the team, he couldn’t even save his own ass! The cause of my shittiness is: am going back to Bangalore:-(

I’ve been here for a year now. But it doesn’t feel like home. Not one bit. I yearn for Hyderabad. A lot. When I reach Hyderabad, I feel “Yipppeeee am home!” When I get to Bangalore I’m like “Great… Am back!” *in the most morose voice ever*.

Why don’t I go back there then? Ah! I don’t want to. I wanna be on my own for sometime. Living away from home teaches you so much. Right from paying your own bills, to ironing your clothes, from nursing a bad hangover to recovering from a sour relationship. Life here is a lot of fun. I’m not exactly answerable to anyone. I can do what I like (well almost). I make enough money to sustain myself *cough cough*, and indulge in a lot of, what other people call frivolous, activities.

My mom doesn’t cry when I leave, but I can tell what she’s feeling when she’s waving to me as the train (with me in it, obviously) leaves the platform. My dad doesn’t have to say he’s gonna miss me when I’m gone; his hug says it all. Fiddi and Radhi don’t need to say “Neha you’re an ass for going away,” but they still do:D

The past 3 ½ days have been more than awesome. I’ve eaten and slept so much that my parents are beginning to think that I don’t indulge in either activity while I’m in Bangalore! I’ve had long chats with mom and dad, about my future, about how I ward off pesky guys hitting on me, about Hyderabad’s chief minister, about my current and ex-roomies blah blah.

I met Munmun this time. She’s lost 11 kgs!! If I lost that much weight people would have to ask, “Neha, are you in the room? I think I can sense your divine presence.” Hehehe.

Met Radhi and Fiddi too. Obviously! They loved the stuff I got them (identical kurtas from “W”), and I completely adore what Radhi got me (again, a kurta from W). I also bought some more stuff from the same place. Girly, pretty and so beautiful!

Fiddi’s birthday is round the corner- 6th October actually (which I found out after I asked Radhi. I knew it was either 5th or 6th). She took the both of us to this swanky place called Zafraan Laguna, where we had a sumptuous lunch and ripped off the poor gal! I think that was the first restaurant I’ve been to that doesn’t serve sweet corn chicken soup! So we had chicken minestrone soup instead, which was really wow! Main course was really neat too, and so was the fresh lime soda (don’t snigger! How many times have you gotten a perfect FLS in a restaurant? It’s usually too salty, or too sweet), but the show-stealer was the home-made chocolate that we were given at the end of the meal. Crispy, crunchy and soooooo chocolatey! I just had to ask for more, and I did:D Missed the saunf (‘saunf’ is ‘aniseed’ for you angrez out there) though…hehehe.

Since am in a foodie mood…ate haleem today. Courtesy: Fiddi’s mom. She’s so completely sweet, and the way she calls out to Fiddi to take my call is stomach-intestine-liver hurtingly funny! (I know Fiddi’s gonna kill me after this, but it was worth the risk!) Mom made awesome aloo-gobi today, plus there was Fiddi’s ghar ka mirchi ka salan. Looking forward to dinner now…parathas with bhindi and salan…Sluuuuurp!

Ooooh I forgot to add one detail. I’m in the train now, and the same noisy kid is here too, albeit not close enough for me to appreciate his screeching prowess. After I had finished writing my previous blog he started screaming all over again. I simply couldn’t take it any more, and had a long argument with his mother. Result: he was silenced, but the next morning nobody woke me up at the station. Luckily it’s the very last stop, so no harm done. A porter woke me up, and a very disoriented and confused me picked up my bags and got off the train, all the time abusing (silently) the discourteous woman who didn’t bother to wake up a poor little hapless babe!

 

24 Responses to “More Awwwwww...”

  1. Rendezvous

    ghar ka khana..yummmmmy :) ... i really miss it.. now that for me its been 4 yrs away from home,in blore.. but maa ke haath ka khana.. no one can beat that...

    btw, u realy expected that woman to wake you up, specially after you've quarreled with her :D .. u should not expect nething after such incidents.. he he.. her kid m sure is a superman for his mom.. :)

    newaz, u know wht i like the most abt ur blog..??? the simplicity and the way you put ur thots.. keep rocking!! keep blogging!!

    P.S. : i'll try and write something else this time ;) , thou i m still caught up with my sad poems, bt still i'll try


  2. Anonymous

    babe you have certainly become a responsible girl. and the good thing is you dont slog your ass on the bed for long hours as you use to do back in Univeristy.I still remember how difficult it use to be for me and munu yelling at you to wake you up. I still wonder do you genuninly like blore? i still couldnt adore this place though my stay in blore has been for a LONG TIME.


  3. crasiezt

    Dunno so much about the "superman" thing Rohit, but he definitely was a royal pain in the ass!

    "Simplicity" or "rambling" that is the question! I just wrote and wrote and wrote..more for myself than the world. Wierd I guess:D


  4. crasiezt

    Ina these words coming from you leaves me astounded!! Responsible and me?? I thought you always said that was one trait I never had! Am still the same lazy pig babe (a lot of people can vouch for that..lol).
    As for Bangalore..no, I don't like it too much. Just that staying in Bangalore means am not staying in Hyderabad, which is what I want for some time.:-) But cmon babe, don't we have fun here? Come back quick..Zero G beckons us..*thumka thumka Wednesday night* hehehe


  5. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    All the details about the food left me "Oh so very hungry" for home cooked meal.I loved the words you used to describe your physical strature, divine presence, haha, too good.
    And were you seriously expecting that woman to wake you up after the argument ?


  6. Anonymous

    There's this funny thing about living alone. It's hard initally. But once you get used to it, it becomes hard living with your folks! But that's just personal experience, and maybe a few other friends who feel the same way.

    PS: You must try other styles... You can write!


  7. crasiezt

    Yeah Gonecase I thought she would. Silly me I guess! You'll get ghar food very soon dear..just hang in there..till then make do with maccheroni:P
    Aapko hamara andaaz pasand aaya..hum khush:-)


  8. crasiezt

    Other styles..like what Anonymous?


  9. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    The pleasure is all mine :P
    And the craving for maccheroni is for today only, dunno what will I crave for tomorrow, fickle brained I am...


  10. Anonymous

    I dunno... use ur imagination :)


  11. crasiezt

    Considering that the craving hasn't quelled yet, Fickle brained Gonecase, when are you gonna get maccheroni for yourself? Perhaps for me too???


  12. crasiezt

    I dunno too Anonymous..this is how I write! Depends on what I'm writing about, for whom, my mood ..


  13. Anonymous

    Hmmm... It would be nice to read your views about certain things. Anything.


  14. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Maccheroni is on the cards and will be on the plates soon. Make hay while the sun shines :-)


  15. crasiezt

    Okie Anonymous..will do!


  16. crasiezt

    I hope I can make that hay while the sun shines tonight:P


  17. Anonymous

    will wait :)


  18. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Kya baat hai, shaayarana andaaz, good going lady :P


  19. crasiezt

    You're my inspiration Gonecase...mmmmuah!


  20. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Hai daiya, log kya kahenge *blushes* :P


  21. crasiezt

    Uff Gonecase you're so FAKE!!


  22. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Abbe sade hue sense of humour naam ki bhi koi cheez hoti hai


  23. crasiezt

    Aila tune toh dil pe liya jaaneman:P Jokes apart, your sense of humour is really really neat..but you also have the talent to be corny, which is a trait we have in common:D


  24. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Aila, mein hero, hehehe aur tere talent pe to maine kabhi bhi question nahi kiya hai :P


Leave a Reply