FROM THE HEART...

Author: crasiezt

Someone commented on a post of mine, saying that I write well *takes a bow*, but perhaps I should try a different style. Then it struck me that maybe I should try my hand at poetry!

This is not my first poem though. I’ve written loads in school, and then later as well. Here’s one stanza from a poem that I had written on a train journey few months back, about an old man who borrowed my copy of the “Cosmopolitan”.

Uncle is old
Loves babes that are bold
To hold-
Become hot from cold
And unfold
What is told
About girls that are bold!

Ahem! That should give you an idea of the kind of poetry I used to indulge in previously. A 10-year old would probably write like that. LOL

Well, that was that. Here’s another attempt. Emotional, sentimental, blah blah, but from the heart…

Am I lonely? Am I weak? Or am I just plain confused?
I loved you. I loved you a lot. Love gave me nothing but pain

Then I hated you. That didn’t give me any peace either
I tried to forget you and move on. But even there I failed.

I hear your voice calling out to me from the dark corners of my mind
I feel your hand brushing against mine as I walk through the corridors of our past
I smell your nicotine-induced breath on my face as I’m lying on my bed
I see you flitting from dreams to reality, getting lost somewhere in the transition.

What did I do wrong? Nothing. Then why does my heart ache?
I’m happy, but still there is a void, that none can fill
I wish more than ever that I wasn’t here
That I was in a different world, far far away.

 

28 Responses to “FROM THE HEART...”

  1. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    What love or pain
    seethes in thy heart
    be sad for tears contain
    an added charm


  2. Rendezvous

    This comment has been removed by the author.


  3. Rendezvous

    spelling mistake kar diya tha, socha comment delete kar doo :)

    gonecase ki tarah fundu toh nahi likh sakta hoon kuch :P , but yes, it's love that makes present so wonderfull and blissfull but i suppose it's pain that makes future the same... :)
    understand this if you can..

    it's not easy to come out of things, to forget things, bt rather i'd it's just too easy.. all in ur mind dear..trust me,i can say this coz i've gone thru this...
    and btw,liked ur attempt,i'd love to read more of such poems :)
    neha roxxx.... :)


  4. Rendezvous

    "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread"

    and ya, i loved the pic u've used.. :) .. i just love it, u and gonecase, both have an amazing selection of pictures...
    saala main bhi peeche nahi rahunga :P


  5. crasiezt

    Must agree with Rohit for a change. Poem was indeed fundu! Poetry ka jawab poetry...sahi! Tussi bond ho pappe:D


  6. crasiezt

    Understood every word of what you've said Rohit! Thanks for the appreciation:-)


  7. Anonymous

    Interesting. I liked the one about the old man about who borrowed ur copy of the cosmopolitan better! :D

    PS: I'm the one who liked ur 'righting'

    --Nevermind (I'm gonna sign like this from now on)


  8. crasiezt

    Thanks Nevermind! Though of course it would be loads better if you signed in your "real" name you know..but if you prefer this, never mind:D


  9. Sweekar

    if you say so


  10. Rendezvous

    indeed m happy that finally u agree with me :D

    keep writing...


  11. Rendezvous

    "bond" ek din mein 2 ppl ne mujhe bond kahan.. bas hamaar toh din ban gaya....

    bhagwaan gonecase and craziest ko lambi umar dena...


  12. crasiezt

    Abeh Rohit you jackass, I was calling Gonecase bond:P


  13. Anonymous

    We learn to live with the memories from our past.
    The memories only make us stronger.
    Bonds which are severed once are hard to mend.
    People change, however what never changes is the longing you feel for someone you loved and tried your best to make it succeed.

    When it fails though, it fails.
    If it has any chance of survival then the effort has to be from both sides.
    It pains cos' it could have been beautiful,
    It pains cos' it is not....

    -Bad Wulf


  14. Anonymous

    The first one looks to be right out of Phoebe's collection or was it the other way round! :D


  15. crasiezt

    That was a HUGE HUGE compliment anonymous...Comparing my work to Phoebe's!!!!Thankssssssss:D
    *I hope you weren't being sarcastic!*


  16. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Arre it was your first official poetry on the blog, it had to be special. Aur mujhe bond mat banao, mein aam insaan hi thik hun, Rohit is interested, usse hi rehne do, hehehe


  17. Anonymous

    For a change, I wasn't being sarcastic this time around! It actually reminded me of Kudrow's antics with the guitar. :D


  18. crasiezt

    Gonecase, tu aam insaan nahi hai..otherwise I wouldn't hang out with you so much..hehehe..but jokes apart it's really cool that you liked my maiden attempt at writing something sensible, and replied with something even more beautiful!


  19. crasiezt

    Hahaha..OK Anonymous! The problem is that in the past few days I've become a little thick, and missed even obvious sarcasm!
    Phoebe's something ain't she..Can't forget "smelly cat" LOL


  20. Rendezvous

    how easy it is to be a part of the so called crowd, thy respect to all who hv the heart to do something special to be not so part of that "CROWD" :)

    gonecase, neha .. ... sahi hai be, uda lo mazak mera...btw don't mind being called a bond,hope i then get lotsa cars and gals too ;)


  21. Sweekar

    Here's a quote from one of my favorite blogs:

    " Two things here, first,readers, no matter what your friends tell you, if you write poetry , its probably awful. Second, dont be unnecessarily opaque or mysterious if you eventually want to out something. Hinting darkly is going to get you nuthin. If you up and say Ms Zinta was screwing Mr C Handsome, youll cut to the chase, which is always a good thing, and get everyones attention, and what you do with it from that point on is up to you."

    :)


  22. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    I am honoured lady *takes a bow*. Its not about the outcome but the effort you put in. But if you have an outcome like that to boot, grrreat :-)

    @Rohit-mazak nahi uda rhe yaar, mazak kar rhe hain.


  23. crasiezt

    Sweekar: Nevermind!

    Gonecase: You made my day!


  24. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    I didn't do anything, it was worth it or is worth it :-)


  25. Mez

    I loved the 2nd poem. Says what i exactly feel like :(


  26. crasiezt

    Thanks Mez!
    But you know what..after being through the heartache and all the crap associated with a violent break up I relaized it's not worth it! Go and find yourself a guy who really deserves being with you:-)


  27. Satanic Angel

    i really liked the stuff ya write.u mind if i linked u on my blog?


  28. crasiezt

    Go on and do that..will do the same..I liked your blog loads too:-)


Leave a Reply