Broken...and healed

Author: crasiezt


Seems like break ups are in the air or something. In the past few weeks I’ve heard of so many…and all of them remind me of mine. It’s been several months since I broke up, and even though I don’t think of my ex-boyfriend normally, such incidents force me to. And then I don’t know whether I should feel happy that am not with a worthless soul like him anymore, or feel remorse that the relationship ended on such a sour note.

Why does a relationship not last, even when you want it to? Is it because you didn’t try hard enough to save it? Or because the two of you were simply not meant to be? Or because your partner turned out to be an obnoxious pig? Should you stick around when your partner is every bit as pathetic as you know he/she is? How much should you take? When do you tell yourself “THIS IS IT” and walk out? I found the answers to all of these, but I also realized that every relationship and individual warrants a different answer. It’s all subjective, so there can’t be ONE definitive answer.

People say you can’t keep falling in love. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime concept. I disagree!

I’ve gotten out of one rotten relationship and jumped into a beautiful one. I let go of a bastard, and found a gem. Ok, he may not be perfect, but who am I to judge? I’m not exactly the perfect girlfriend either! We fight over the pettiest of issues…“Who’s that new person on Orkut you’re chatting with?” “New post on your blog, and you didn’t tell me”…blah blah!

But living in harmony with all the crap that we give each other is what makes the whole thing so beautiful! Mmmmmuah!

 

57 Responses to “Broken...and healed”

  1. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    I don't know how it feels, what you've been through as I've never been through this but what I wonder is for how long will you keep abusing your Ex, is he still worth that much of your time and peace of mind ? Relish what you have instead of cursing what you left long ago; makes more sense to me at least ..


  2. crasiezt

    Like you said, you haven't been through the rut, so you don't know how it feels (I hope you don't have to experience it ever).I don't think of him all the time...but there are times when he gnaws his way back into my thoughts, and there's nothing I can do to stop that from happening.

    And yes, I love my present. I know how precious and wonderful it is:-) *I thought you knew as much*


  3. Anonymous

    main bolun..main bolun...per kya bolun??? nothin to say when you are happy NOW!!


  4. Gunjan Aylawadi

    the best part about all experiences in life good or bad is that u hav a chance to learn n do better next time!!
    n till the time u knw hw to keep urself happy...nuffin can go wrong!!
    cheerz to u n life :)


  5. Cane-an

    Passion is a dangerous thing. It makes us do things that we in saner minds would not even consider doing. Its beautiful as well and that's what so magical about it.
    The problem with affairs is that once the passion wears off, you sometimes realize that without it you have nothing. You don't fit. You don't gel. You don't do nothing.
    Its best to move on then but its like an amputation. You get rid of a part of you and it hurts.

    My! That was philosophical!


  6. dRoZzY!!!

    right after my first split-up from the very first extra serious relationship my favorite agony aunt told me...'don't worry son, there's a lotta fish in the pond. just don't ever give up fishing because of a bad catch'.
    and that has been it ever since.


  7. chacha

    co-incidence, co-incidence krazy....


  8. crasiezt

    Geet: Haanji am happy...very happy..TOUCHWOOD!!


  9. crasiezt

    Gunj: Kya baat hai ladki..inna saara gyaan:P
    But yes, agree with you there:-)Cheers!!


  10. crasiezt

    Kanan: You bet that was philosophical:P
    You only spoke of the kind of passion that fizzles away...what about the kind that stays on and on and on? Isn't it upto us to keep it burning?


  11. crasiezt

    Drozzy: That's a doable philosophy man!! And guess what, I caught a great fish:-)


  12. crasiezt

    Chacha: Kya coincidence?? The timing of our senti posts?


  13. Cane-an

    Crasiezt,
    That's like an adrenaline shot. You cannot live on adrenaline alone....


  14. Anonymous

    touchwood kiya? if not thn go and touch goney's head...(*main pitne waali hun :P )


  15. crasiezt

    Kanan: Agreed it is like a rush of adrenaline..but like I said..upto you to rekindle the fire whenever you think it's dying out:-)


  16. crasiezt

    Geet: ROFLMAO. He hasn't seen it yet:P
    Shaam ko pakka will touch his head:D


  17. Sweekar

    Same old boring brooding.... :(
    Seems like the writing isn't helping either. and neither is the rebound.
    Something else maybe?


  18. chacha

    Yup, you got it right Hero about the co-incidence.
    And love once-in-a-lifetime, that I don't agree on either.
    And fighting over small petty things, thats great, good and so cute.
    You don't wanna reveal the name of the guy, anyways fair enough, :).

    As long as long you don't write the cap as was the post some days back.


  19. Anonymous

    Gem today, Bastard tomorrow???
    ;) who knows........


  20. Bogged

    yup rodie....broken and "healed"....that is the most important part!


  21. crasiezt

    Chacha: Like you don't know whom am talking about:P
    Fighting comes naturally to couples I guess...and at the end of it all you begin to wonder why you even fought!!

    Am hoping I don't get into that state of mind too...


  22. crasiezt

    Anony: You have a point:P But something tells me he's not:-)


  23. crasiezt

    Bogged: That's what I wanted to hear from you:-)


  24. Ankur Arora

    "People say you can’t keep falling in love. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime concept. I disagree!"

    I too. In fact it is amazing to realize that you can fall in love when you thought that it was the hardest thing to do! :)
    And at the same time, you should be happy that you could still love somebody with all your heart, even when you had a really bad experience the last time round.

    Want to quote Paulo Coelho here, from The Zahir:
    He said that my past would always go with me, but that the more I freed myself from facts and concentrated on emotions, the more I would come to realise that in the present there is always a space as vast as the steppes waiting to be filled with more love and with more of life's joy.

    Do read this book some time; you might just fall in love with it, as I had! :)


  25. freesherry

    nice one.. but i don't know about the last part.. may be I am just too much of a coward but the idea of trusting again.. putting my fragile heart at risk again is too scary for me at the moment
    but happy to know that its worked out for you
    take care :)


  26. Reeta Skeeter

    gut gut :D
    njoy! ;D
    Shine on you Crazy gal...


  27. crasiezt

    Ankur: Will definitely read it *hmmm when???*
    Loved the quote!
    Keep visiting...and do write something on your blog...been ages since you wrote anything!!


  28. crasiezt

    Freesherry: I know it's scary. But you know a moment comes when you don't fear what's gonna happen! And trust me, when you get to that stage, there's no looking back!


  29. crasiezt

    Skeety: Oye Floyd ka gaana churaya tune:P


  30. Ankur Arora

    Glad you liked it and hope you do get to read the book too!
    Goin' through a busy phase currently, but shall write something soon...hopefully! Keep visiting. :)


  31. Impressionist

    Well, I donno what to say!
    seriously! cuz i've never been in sucha relationship! :D

    -I


  32. Satanic Angel

    i really liked the giving each other crap and surviving it part..at least ur guy asks for u to remind him of ur post..my guy reads my posts only after a lot of pestering :-( :p


  33. A

    hmmm we share a few things here neha,a break up and a person,but i realised the best thing we share is the healing...I got mine and you are also realising your's..which is much more imp than mulling over things..:)


  34. freesherry

    hmmm... may be.. khair will cross that bridge when I come to it.. abhi to vella life :D


  35. crasiezt

    Impressionist: Welcome to my page free bird:-)


  36. crasiezt

    Elusive: Different people, different strokes:-)


  37. crasiezt

    Litun: Thanks for dropping by babe...your words mean a lot to me:-)


  38. crasiezt

    Freesherry: Enjoy the vella life while it lasts:P


  39. Rendezvous

    well, i can certainly feel how the past at times comes back to you... bt i agree to you that 'love can happen more than once'... althou i am the one who has been titled as 'THE FLIRT' :) ... or rather MR. FLIRT by most of my friends; but on a serious note.. yes, love is not a one time deal..

    i don't know y do ppl have breakups, but then i do know that one should just put in their best of the best efforts to make things work.. bt at times, the best of the efforts make the other person feel that you are being 'pushy'.. well, wht else to say...


  40. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Crazy, Geet: Oye ande ke chilkon....ye kya bakwaas laga rakhi hai....*very proud of the language he uses*


  41. crasiezt

    Rohit: For a change sahi bola tu:P


  42. crasiezt

    Gonecase: Oye sade hue tamatar ke uble hue chilke...mazak kar rahe hain..tujhe kya hua?
    *smug face


  43. Reeta Skeeter

    haan churaya oye! kya karegi? bol? nai bol....kya kar legi... tu to inni badi lazy hai.. kuch bhi ni karegi...hahaha :P


  44. crasiezt

    Laziness waala point galat ho gaya Skeety...challenge mat kar mujhe:P Tera choonda kheench ke chamaat laga doongi:D


  45. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Cat-fight cat-fight dikhao dikhao :P


  46. crasiezt

    Saale badtameez:P


  47. Friendly nextdoor guy

    AWESOME


  48. crasiezt

    Friendly: Hey thanks! And welcome here...


  49. Anonymous

    Neha is ahen, Neha is ahen, Neha is ahen.
    Just be bey.
    Love


  50. crasiezt

    Roadkill: And you're the babe. Love you so much my "toad in heat" LOL


  51. Anonymous

    oye i shared my story of dukhbhari with goneyy... tu use pooch liyo..else i will tell ya next time we chat ..okay. muahhh


  52. Anonymous

    kyonki tu online ni ti na...i wanted to share with you when we were chatting ,per after some crazy talk you had to leave . jab gonecase se baat kar ri thi tab bhi i started with light chat and after sometime i opened up. am sure if i would hv been talking little more time,tujhe mera rona sunaai deta chat per ..sacchi ... but chatting with you made me laugh for sometime baby.seriously.and i wanted tht badly.


  53. Anonymous

    maan le meri baat behna..gussa thook de meri chammak challo ...


  54. Rashmi

    hell... ur post reminds me of my breakup with my ex some 3 years ago... its was nasty... with lots of lies thrown in for good measure...these qstns in ur stll haunt me...

    good that uve found someone and are happy now...


  55. Rendezvous

    you know wht.. ur a lucky gal.. saala yahan toh pata nahi kismat ko ho kya gaya hai... :(


  56. crasiezt

    Geet: Oye senti ho gayi tu to!! Gussa ni hoon bey..ainwe hi bakwas maarne ki aadat hai mujhe:P
    And yeah I know what happened...mere se seekh. Get another guy:D


  57. crasiezt

    Rohit: Ab teri kismat ko kya hua???


Leave a Reply