A very girlish post!!

Author: crasiezt


To look beautiful (apart from the natural beauty shit) you need to shell out a lot of dough. Sure, there are cheaper versions too, but the result may not be too good, or even disastrous for that matter. But then again, money doesn’t guarantee good looks either!!

I’ve always had wavy hair. The shorter I wear it, the wavier it looks. Straight hair struck me as boring. Wavy suited me loads too. But one day, on a whim, I got my hair straightened (temporarily). It looked wow! And from that day on I got restless. The devil took over my little brain saying “get a permanent job done”. With the straightening bug in my blood I had no choice but to give in to the temptation. I sold my soul to the devil, bowed down to him, and headed to the salon.

A friend suggested “Spratt”. So I landed there. It’s a unisex place, pretty big and sprawling. Most of the beauticians were Chinky (no offence meant. They are the best in the business). One of them came up to me, and I told her what I wanted done. A conversation ensued; she gave me details about the procedure, and some of its after effects. Convinced that my hair will look awesome at the end of the ordeal I agreed to go ahead.

That’s when the gruelling process started. My hair was subjected to so much torture- several washes, conditioning, tons of chemicals, hot ironing (involves pressing sections of hair between 2 electrically heated rods), blow-drying, and all that jazz. The worst was the stink (practically took my breath away). And to top it all, the ironing!! When a temporary job is done it’s alright. But ironing is done with much more force and fervour for a permanent look. My hair was screaming in pain each time it was tugged at, and there were several such screams, which alas only I could hear.

I sat in that chair as 4-5 people worked on my hair at the same time (trust me you don’t feel special or pampered), growing more and more irritated with every passing second (Sid can vouch for that!).
Finally, after about 4 hours it all came to an end, and there emerged a gorgeous babe! Praising myself at this juncture might not be right, but my hair really did look rather stunning:D

Beauty comes at a price...but it’s not just money that you spend. It’s a mental and physical investment as well. An investment that seems justifiable only if you get compliments: not just from people you know, but appreciative glances/stares from strangers:D A cute guy crashing his car into another just because he was so smitten by your looks...kind of makes your day doesn’t it? LOL!!

 

49 Responses to “A very girlish post!!”

  1. Anonymous

    waitin for a pic with the new luk.


  2. crasiezt

    Ummm can't you see it there already??


  3. Anonymous

    but it doesnt show the chinki's work neatly


  4. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    This comment has been removed by the author.


  5. crasiezt

    Few things are meant to be kept secret till THE moment arives..


  6. chacha

    really girlish post.. i couldnt get after 3rd 4th line.. hope its not bad, and whatever happened with yr hairs happened for good :)


  7. Reeta Skeeter

    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mubarak!
    I got it done once and girl! :| They kill you and your hair for those few hours! Mine would take about 6 hours...But the end result is awesome...Me planning another one now :D Wish me patience ;D
    Enjoy!


  8. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    Nice...Arika ;-)


  9. crasiezt

    Yupp Chacha all's well that ends well:D


  10. crasiezt

    Skeeeeeeety!! I wish you all the patience in the world and more!


  11. crasiezt

    Thanks Gonecase:D


  12. Rendezvous

    well, agree with you totally... the change of style for me, got my hair chopped... did pursuade myself to chop off my hair... long hair, for 10 long years.. and then suddenly a thot, and m with this new look... took my hair stylist around 2 hours to get it right...

    do i look good? m i looking smarter? well i should'nt be the one to praise myself (thou i keep doing this ;)) .. bt yup, m looking better.....

    well, money plays an imp role no doubt.. m sure ur just looking stunning and amazingly pretty and hot as usual...

    rock on!!!


  13. crasiezt

    Meri Ma that I've always been:P


  14. crasiezt

    Hey Rohit..I dunno if change makes people look better..different yes, not necessarily good. But if you get both, well..yipppeeee!!


  15. Anonymous

    "A cute guy crashing his car into another just because he was so smitten by your looks"

    Does it ever happen???


    I think u watch just too many hindi movies.. :)


  16. S@M

    I completely agree wid 'arsh' ...d guy mite slow down fr a second glance but wont crash fr sure :D...datz ofcourse goin by d mindset of cute guyz...cnt rily comment on hunks :)


  17. crasiezt

    C'mon Arsh, that's happened..not once but several times, not to count the innumerable misses:D


  18. crasiezt

    S@m..same answer as above:P


  19. Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh

    arre teri baal ki dukaan bhi chal hi padi....20 comments, nice nice :P


  20. Gunjan Aylawadi

    totally agree with ur views bout hw gud can beauty make u feel but i dnt think therez a more beautiful woman than the one who seems to b carefree n yet all her curls fall just at d right places!!
    straight hair shout for attention n tells ppl hw much u'd do to get noticed!!
    it sure can b jus fo personal happiness too...n m sure ud b lookin gr8! :)
    nice blog!


  21. crasiezt

    Gonecase: Hehehe


  22. crasiezt

    Gunj: You bet am looking great, but honestly I miss my messy wavy unruly hair..No matter what, my hair looks so neat now..and am not sure if I like that too much!

    Something tells me you've got curly hair that does fall at just the right places:-)

    Somehow I think my hair isn't screaming for attention..it's looking wow, but no begging involved:P

    Am glad you liked the blog..keep visiting, commenting, and yes, welcome to my page:-)


  23. Sweekar

    This comment has been removed by the author.


  24. crasiezt

    Sweekar: Considering that I spent an entire fortune on my hair, and the fact that I'm superly broke now, I think you should get me that lunch:P

    The nature of a person's hair is independent of his/her sex..There are guys who look hot with straight hair, and there are some that look as gay as gay can be:D


  25. Sweekar

    Do you google talk?
    sweekarpinto@gmail.com

    PS: This message will self destruct in 6.66 seconds!


  26. crasiezt

    Yes I do Sent you a request:-)


  27. A

    hmmm the pic elicits a memoirs-of-a-geisha!! Somethings cost me bloody 35$ (u know what right),else I could have put in a similar something sexy like ya .But good job and enjoy the attention :)


  28. Anonymous

    beauty does comes with price.totally agree.


  29. crasiezt

    Geet:-) Glad you agree with me!


  30. Sachin Garg

    girly indeed!
    all i can say is,
    may god give you loads of dough..


  31. crasiezt

    Hehehe Johnny:D I hope what you say comes true!!


  32. TumbleWeed

    Hey!

    I stumbled on your blog when i did some search for randomness though I was looking for an Indian cooking blog :) I think I might know you from high school.

    -Sushma


  33. TumbleWeed

    p.s - not a stalker :)


  34. crasiezt

    I did know a Sushma in high school..which one is this? Chaudhary? or PV??


  35. TumbleWeed

    Choudhary :)
    Gosh, I haven't used that name in almost 7 years :) double checking, your neha dua right?


  36. crasiezt

    Yupp woman it's me:-) Howz you been? And where are you? Long time no see..


  37. TumbleWeed

    haha! I know, it definitely seems like another time. My family moved to California after 12th and after college, I'm a working woman now. Are you on facebook/gtalk any of them? I'd love to catch up!
    email: sushmaDOTyATgmail


  38. crasiezt

    Added you woman:-)


  39. Anonymous

    ohh wow....dsnt seem to be nywy u had curls smtym....infact i too hav wavy hairs n i was lukin fr da same treatmnt.....also i hav heard dat its nt permanent....
    can u temme more abt it lyk frm whr u done ur hair straightning n is it permanent n all.....
    btw let da carz crashing down...kp rockin babezzz...;)


  40. Anonymous

    hi

    i have tagged for my post in quirky....
    hope u will continue the chain:)

    for more details,visit
    http://gyratinggalaxy.blogspot.com/2008/01/who-me-quirky.html


  41. crasiezt

    Hey Galaxy babe! Well yeah I did have wavy hair, and it's bloody straight now! Stays for like 6-7 months then you get a touch up and stuff..
    You bet the cars crash all around:D

    Saw your page..you've written loads in no time must say! Thanks for tagging me..Will take it up for sure:-)
    Keep Visiting!!


  42. Anonymous

    well m new here..sm1 suggested me abt bloggin n i find it really intresting....btw u ryt really well...tc:)


  43. crasiezt

    Thanks for the compliment girl! And welcome to this world:-)


  44. Vikas ( Vicky)

    u knida galzz should be banned on roads without being into cars with black mirrors...all this for noble cause.....reducing accidednt on roads..

    inspite of ironing, another option is of cream straighting....but thazz remain for 30 to 45 days not like 6/7 months in cases of ironing....but it doesnt pain so no more mental and physical investment just financial.


  45. crasiezt

    Thanks for dropping by Vikas:-)
    What's done is done..alas!am stuck with beautiful hair:P


  46. Lucifer

    why is this post titled "A very girlish post"???
    comeon even men like to look handsome...ok we dont do all these things (ok most of us dont) but still...


  47. crasiezt

    Yupp guys wanna enhance their looks too..but most of them would have no inkling of the procedure I've described in my post..Hell I didn't know it was so terrible!!


  48. Anonymous

    did that crashing thing really happen..?? doubtful but certainly possible...

    neways.. girly but still a nice read..


  49. crasiezt

    RO: Well not exactly..no one has ever crashed his car into another's, but yes guys have CRASHED into road dividers and fallen off their bikes:D
    And some other random incidents like that too..I FEEL GOOD:D


Leave a Reply